The sight of a loved one struggling to manage their own personal or financial affairs is difficult. If you are trying to assist an elderly parent or loved one with a possible mental incapacity issue, it’s time to sit down with the guardianship and competency litigation attorneys at Weaver, Bennett & Bland. Our experienced lawyers have a deep understanding of the complex guardianship process, and we can provide you with the guidance you and your loved one needs.
Sometimes, bitter family disputes arise over how to take care of an elderly parent or grandparent. Make sure you speak with our lawyers when these types of issues arise–there are specific laws in the State of North Carolina that apply to guardianship proceedings, allowing you to care for your loved one’s person and financial affairs.
Our attorneys typically provide the following services:
- Appointment of a guardian petitions, both of the person and of the estate
- Determinations of competency or incompetency
- Interviews with caregivers, family, and friends to build a case that supports your loved one’s best interest
- Working with a court-appointed guardian ad litem to support your loved one’s wishes
- Utilizing forensic accountants and other experts to discover financial exploitation and halt further losses to your loved one’s estate
If your family member needs assistance with competency or guardianship proceedings, contact the Charlotte attorneys at Weaver, Bennett & Bland today. Call (704) 844-1400 to schedule a free consultation.