Want to join the Weaver, Bennett & Bland, P.A. family?
Weaver, Bennett & Bland is always seeking talented and amazing individuals to join our growing firm.
The high standards we hold ourselves to in our legal practice at Weaver, Bennett & Bland dictate the high standards we have when seeking hard-working individuals. If you have an excellent work ethic that matches our core values, have a positive attitude, and believe you’re a candidate with the qualifications, experience and enthusiasm to join our team, click on the available career opportunities to submit your application.
Even if a position is not currently available, we’re collecting and reviewing strong candidate resumes. Please submit your information through the form on this Careers page.
At our firm, we are as committed to our employees as we are committed to our clients. Weaver, Bennett & Bland has a respectful and diverse work environment with a friendly company culture and a healthy dose of humor. We enjoy what we do, and we have fun! This approachable culture is encouraged by our incredible leadership team and achieved through our dedicated employees. Our workplace is built upon the foundations of teamwork, integrity and a commitment to our surrounding community. We understand balance – we want our employees to succeed, to grow in the workplace, and to have fulfilling personal lives.
A full-service law firm headquartered in Matthews, North Carolina at the junction between Mecklenburg and Union Counties, Weaver, Bennett & Bland has served businesses and individuals in the Greater Charlotte, North Carolina area for over 30 years. Our focus is: Helping – Planning – Protecting. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, hiring solely on the basis of candidate qualifications. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, life, vision, disability insurance; paid time off (PTO); 401(k) safe harbor plan, and more.
Current Career Openings:
Family Law Attorney
HOW DO YOU DEFINE SUCCESS? Is success defined by working 12 hours a day, missing major events in your family’s life due to work, or sitting in traffic to commute to work? At Weaver, Bennett & Bland, P.A., we look at success differently. We’re conveniently located in Matthews, North Carolina and many of our employees either live within minutes of work of have a short commute against the Uptown traffic. While representing your clients to the fullest is important in our profession, we also want you to have a family life and not miss important family milestones.
Our firm is looking to fill a FAMILY LAW ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY position, and we’re seeking an attorney with 3+ years of experience. One of our core values is that we have fun and we enjoy what we do, but more importantly, we enjoy and care about one another and our community. Community involvement and giving back is part of how we’ve become successful. As we celebrate our 35th year in business, we are younger than we have ever been as we bring on new associates and owners.
1. Ability to independently draft legal documents including complaints, equitable distribution affidavits, financial affidavits, and discovery.
2. Ability to represent clients in court, at hearings, in mediation, and in depositions.
3. Ability to manage client case load from beginning of a family law matter to the end.
4. Positive attitude and willingness to work as a part of a team.
We are proud of our office, its history (built in 1882), and its location in downtown Matthews. If you haven’t visited Matthews in a while, you should – it’s a neat community of 35,000 people surrounded by growing communities including Charlotte. Matthews is as vibrant as NODA or Southend with many bars and restaurants within a block of our office.
If our definition of SUCCESS sounds like a relief to you, we encourage you to contact us to start the interview process. We look forward to hearing from you.
Civil Litigation Attorney
Are you looking to accomplish meaningful work and to flourish as an integral part of a growing legal team? Do you want to work for a firm that values your input and opinions? If you have a positive attitude and sense of humor, get excited by a workplace with an entrepreneurial spirit, and like to hit the ground running and achieve results, you could make a remarkable impact as our next Associate Attorney. We are seeking a Civil Litigation Attorney with 2-3 years experience who is looking for significant courtroom, deposition and trial experience.
We are one of the most established and reputable full service law firms in the Greater Charlotte, North Carolina area. Our business is built on strong core values and the foundations of integrity, teamwork, community and service. We hold ourselves to high standards in our legal practice, and seek hard-working, multi-tasking, self-motivated, amazing people to join our expanding firm. Believe it or not, we do it all while having loads of fun and maintaining work-life balance.
The Associate Attorney is responsible for building her/his practice areas. Main job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide the highest quality legal services and a great customer experience to clients.
- Handle client contact by phone, in-person, and in writing with a high level of professionalism, tact and discretion.
- Generate new business. Work as a member of a team to accomplish firm-wide goals.
- Write legal columns, articles, and/or blogs as required for publication.
- Contribute knowledge, concrete ideas, and input within the firm.
- Be active in the local community.
- Candidates must be licensed in North Carolina with at least two to three years of experience practicing law in North Carolina. Proficiency with court filings in NC courts.
- Strong with business development and an excellent prospect closer.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; proficient with Internet usage and e-mail. Experience with PracticeMaster and Tabs3 is a plus.
- Ability to adapt quickly to firm environment and team culture and to get up to speed on firm-wide systems and technology.
- Excellent attention to detail, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage others with clear instruction, respect, and constructive feedback.
- Strong follow-up; keep others informed of issues and deadlines.
- Motivated. Ability to handle several clients at one time and meet multiple deadlines in a discrete, busy, and fast-paced office environment. Work effectively independently and as a team.
- Have strong interpersonal skills. High level of professionalism in appearance, demeanor, work ethic, and discretion. Unwavering integrity and strong and trusted judgment. Open and honest communicator.
Job type: Full-Time
Our firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer, hiring solely on the basis of candidate qualifications. We offer salary commensurate with experience to include bonus compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; paid time off (PTO); 401(k) safe harbor plan, partnership track