Bill Whittaker joined our law firm, Weaver, Bennett & Bland, P.A., in 1988.
A partner since 1996, Bill is a distinguished attorney practicing primarily in the areas of Domestic Relations and Family Law in Charlotte, Matthews, Mint-Hill and Monroe, North Carolina.
During the natural course of life, you will experience change. These changes can affect and impact your well-being, family, and household. If you are concerned about family matters or are having domestic issues, contact Bill for legal advice, representation and protection.
Be prepared with an experienced and dedicated lawyer who is right there with you, from client meetings to the courtroom. Bill drafts and produces sound legal documents. Included in his wide array of legal services are separation agreements, divorce, equitable distribution, alimony, post-separation support, child custody, child support, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, domestic violence, alienation of affection, and criminal conversation.
With a strong commitment to not only our law firm clients, but to our local community, Bill continues to make huge contributions to humanitarian and civic organizations in Mecklenburg and Union Counties.
- North Carolina State Bar
- U.S. District Court Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina
- North Carolina Court of Appeals
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte, B.A.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D.
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers – Member
- Mecklenburg County Bar, 1982 – 2016
- North Carolina State Bar Association, 1982 – 2016
- Union County Bar Association, 2003-2016
- Matthews Chamber of Commerce – past Board member
- Union County Red Cross – Rhapsody in Red committee member 2005-2007
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte Alumni Association Board of Directors 2003- 2009; President 2006-2008
- Board of Directors -Athletic Foundation of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 2009 -2016; Gold Rush Chair 2014 and 2015; Annual Fund Chair 2016
- Waxhaw-Weddington Rotary Club 2004-2016; President, 2007-2008; Foundation Chair, 2009-2014
Pro Bono Activities
- Elder Law Pro Bono Program – MCB, 1996 – 1998
Honors & Awards
- Society of 49 –UNC Charlotte
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association Award, 2003
- Lawyer Referral Service Member of the Year, 2003
- Distinguished Alumni Award – Charlotte Catholic H.S.
- Blum v. Rhodes
- Cox v. Cox v. Layne