Dave Bland has handled and tried cases in many areas of business and tort litigation in both North and South Carolina. He joined the law firm of Weaver, Bennett & Bland, P.A. as a partner in 1984. He is the detailed and thorough civil litigation attorney you want by your side, and on your side, during any legal dispute or case in litigation.
He gets results, having achieved some of the largest verdicts for businesses and individuals in North Carolina history in various types of cases. Dave has strong litigation experience in major cases involving commercial litigation, business torts and fraud litigation, breach of contract, personal injury, and real estate litigation. He has successfully argued landmark cases before the North Carolina Supreme Court and before the North Carolina Court of Appeals.
Dave has been very active and involved in promoting clean, alternative energy. Dave founded the Sustainable Energy Community Development Company (S.E.C.D.C.) in 2010. S.E.C.D.C. has provided leadership in promoting sustainable energy policy at both the state and national levels. Dave has throughout his career worked to give back to his community. Dave served four terms on the Town of Matthews on the Board of Commissioners and served as a board member and officer on a number of Matthews and Charlotte area organizations.
- North Carolina State Bar
- South Carolina State Bar
- The State Courts of both North Carolina and South Carolina
- The United States District Courts in North Carolina and South Carolina
- The Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- The United States Supreme Court
- Wake Forest University, B.A.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D.
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Active Member/Patron
- Matthews Rotary Club 2014 -2015, Member
- Matthews Lions Club, 2007, Member
- Charlotte Soccer Club, 1992 – 2004, Board Member/Officer
- Town of Matthews, 1982 – 1990, Member, Board of Commissioners
- Charlotte Metropolitan Planning Organization, 1986 – 1988 – Town’s Representative
- Matthews Help Center, 1982, Board Member/Officer
- Estate of Coppick v. Hobbs Marina et. al., 772 S.E. 2d 1 (2015)
- White v. Mills, 730 S.E. 2d 213 (2012)
- Seagraves v. Seagraves, 206 NC App 333, 698 SE2d 155 (2010)
- Waldon v. Burris, 616 S.E. 2d 693 (172 N.C. App. 594 2005)
- Nadeo v. Allstate, 139 N.C App. 311, 533 S.E. 2d 501 (2000)
- Raintree Homeowners Ass’n, Inc. v. Bleimann, 449 S.E. 2d 13 (116 N.C. App. 561 1995)
- Washburn v. Vandiver, 97 S.E. 2d 65 (93 N.C. App. 657 1989)
- In re A. C. Burgess, Jr. Real Estate, 286 S.E.2d 362 (N.C.App. 1982)