Work hard, Play hard, Be appreciated.
Are you looking to accomplish meaningful work and to flourish as an integral part of a growing legal team? Do you want to work for a firm that values your input and opinions? If you have a positive attitude and sense of humor, get excited by a workplace with an entrepreneurial spirit, and like to hit the ground running and achieve results, you could make a remarkable impact as our next Associate Attorney. Weaver, Bennett & Bland, P.A. is seeking lawyers to fill positions in the areas of business transactions & acquisitions, civil litigation, estate planning, elder law, family law, general district court litigation and defense, or commercial real estate.
We are one of the most established and reputable full service law firms in the Greater Charlotte, North Carolina area. We’re growing rapidly and adding new team members who share our commitment to provide superior legal services to our clients. Our business is built on strong core values and the foundations of integrity, teamwork, community and service. We hold ourselves to high standards in our legal practice, and seek hard-working, multi-tasking, self-motivated, amazing people to join our expanding firm. Believe it or not, we do it all while having loads of fun and maintaining work-life balance.
The Associate Attorney is responsible for building her/his practice areas. Main job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide the highest quality legal services and a great customer experience to clients.
- Handle client contact by phone, in-person, and in writing with high level of professionalism, tact and discretion.
- Generate new business. Work as a member of a team to accomplish firm-wide goals.
- Write legal columns, articles, and/or blogs as required for publication.
- Contribute knowledge, concrete ideas, and input within the firm.
- Be active in the local community.
- Candidates must be licensed in North Carolina with at least two years of experience practicing law in North Carolina. Proficiency with court filings in NC courts.
- Strong with business development and an excellent prospect closer.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; proficient with Internet usage and e-mail. Experience with PracticeMaster and Tabs3 is a plus.
- Ability to adapt quickly to firm environment and team culture and to get up to speed on firm-wide systems and technology.
- Excellent attention to detail, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage others with clear instruction, respect, and constructive feedback.
- Strong follow-up; keep others informed of issues and deadlines.
- Motivated. Ability to handle several clients at one time and meet multiple deadlines in a discrete, busy, and fast-paced office environment. Work effectively independently and as a team.
- Have strong interpersonal skills. High level of professionalism in appearance, demeanor, work ethic, and discretion. Unwavering integrity and strong and trusted judgment. Open and honest communicator.
Job type: Full-Time
Weaver, Bennett & Bland, P.A. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, hiring solely on the basis of candidate qualifications. We offer salary commensurate with experience to include bonus compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; paid time off (PTO); 401(k) safe harbor plan, partnership track, and more.